As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Monday, February 9, 2009

Yummy Mini Meat Loaves



Last week I found a great deal on some ground beef and decided to make up some mini meat loaves, meatballs, and a few pounds of ground beef to put in the freezer. I already used part of the mini meat loaves when my dear husband came home late Sat. night wanting something for supper. I took them out of the freezer, defrosted them, put them in the oven, and TAADAA.... a nice home cooked meal waiting on him when he walked in the door.
I found the mini meatloaf recipe in the Feb. 2009 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. I thought I would share it because my kiddos loved it also. It is really easy and very yummy and my kids actually ate it! The next time I make this up to freeze, I am going to throw in some shredded carrots...... just to get some extra veggies in hidden under the kids noses!!!

Mini Meat Loafs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup Pasta Sauce - I used Ragu spagetti sauce - it was yummy
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs - I used instant oatmeal
1 teaspoon tried basil
1/4 teaspooon salt
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (4 0z.)

Preheat oven to 450*. In a large bowl combine egg, 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon basil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add beef and 1/2 cup of the cheese: mix well. Divide beef mixture into four equal parts. Shape each into a small oval. Place in a 9x13 baking pan. Spoon on remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160*.

Leave me a comment it you decide to try it..... I would love to hear from you!

No comments: