As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Abraham Lincoln's 200th Birthday


For those who do not know....
Today is Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday. Lincoln is my kiddos favorite President. I have several activities planned to honor his birthday today. There is a web cast scheduled for 1:30 at history.com. Hopefully my computer will not act up like it did this morning. I will be upset if we can't join in.
We have done several units about President Lincoln and we learn something new each time. My daughter and I were at Barnes and Noble this weekend and spent about an hour looking through Biography books about Lincoln. It was so neat to see actual photographs of him. He was a fascinating President.
Over the next few days, through Presidents Day, the History Channel will be airing several shows about Lincoln. You can visit historychannel.com for more info.
MSNBC has an article that is interesting. This link is http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29113853/?GT1=43001 It is very interesting.
I will let you know how our celebration goes!

No comments: