As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Thursday, February 4, 2010


I am a push over for chocolate.... any kind of chocolate. I came across this recipe the other day and it brought back sweet memories. My Momma made these all the time when I was growing up. I made a batch last Saturday and they were all gone by Sunday! They are so fast and easy to make so I thought I would share it with you, my bloggy friends!

No Bake Chocolate-Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1 tsp. vanilla

3 cups rolled or old-fashioned oats (not instant)

In a medium heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until creamy. Then stir in the oats until well combined.

Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Let the cookies cool until set. Makes about 40 small or 24 large cookies.

If you have never tried these before, I hope you will..... they are yummy!

Thanks for stopping by and leave me a comment! I love to visit new blogs!


1 comment: