As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Monday, November 30, 2009

Wonderful Beginning

Well, I am sorry to report that the beginning of our Christmas season has started off rough. Annalee and I are both sick with fever, cough and runny noses. It hasn't put me in the bed yet but it is sure not much fun. Mommas aren't allowed sick leave, right? Annalee started the day after Thanksgiving and passed it right on to me. Hopefully, Dean and Josh will stay well.
We did get all of our decorating done yesterday. I would love to show you pictures, but .....no camera :( It was fun decorating this year, Annalee was a big help. Each year we buy a Frasier Fir to decorate. I love the way they smell! I am in the market for an artificial tree to put in our bedroom. My Aunt gave me some beautiful White House ornaments that I would love to put out this year. Have you priced artificial trees lately?.....not cheap. I am keeping my eyes open for a deal, hopefully I can find one before Christmas so we can enjoy it this year.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had a quiet, restful one with my parents in Fla. The weather was wonderful!
Have a wonderful week..... Happy December, tomorrow!




3 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear y'all are sick. :( Praying you feel better soon.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you guys don't feel good. I'll be praying it passes quickly!

Stephanie said...

So sorry I haven't stopped by your blog in a while - I haven't had much time to read/leave comments since my little guy arrived ;) Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...but hoping you all feel better soon!