As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Friday, July 24, 2009

Oh me!

Every had one of those days when you wonder..... why did I do that? Honest mistakes happen, but I am one to beat myself up about silly mistakes over and over. I need to remember that mistakes do happen and I need to forgive my self just like God forgives me! Think about it no more!!!
Our summer days have been long and lazy. We have enjoyed staying up late and sleeping in. What a hard habit that will be to break when school starts! We have not done much other that hang out together and swim at my mother-in-laws pool. Money is sooooo tight that we have had to pretty much stay here at the house. I read about all of you taking these wonderful trips, family members going on trips .... I am so jealous! I have really had to ask the Lord to help me not be angry. It is hard when your kids ask... "why can't we go anywhere fun". Knife in the heart! But, I guess that is a sacrifice when you are a single income family. Enough of the pity party!!!
I thought that I would blog a lot more this summer but I have actually slowed down...almost to a stretching halt!
I hope you are having a wonderful summer. We have 3 weeks left.... guess we will go swimming!!! Have a great day!!!!



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Terri, sounds like you're having the best summer being lazy and taking it easy! Vacation are sure fun, but there's no place like home...we miss Dan, and wish we were with him. We're not actually going to Disney, his brother's family is going, though. They were visiting here before they went there. We have just a few more days. Enjoy swimming and being with your kids! They are lucky to spend time with you and their grandma!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I'm reading this post after you were able to go to the beach. That was exactly the way I felt and now I am going later this week. God really does have a sense of humor, doesn't He?

BTW, I loved your beach pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time!