As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Homemade Laundry Detergent

I have been wanting to try my hand at making homemade Laundry detergent and finally did it. I LOVE it!!! It was so easy and quick. The hardest part was grating the bar of soap. If you are interested in making you own laundry detergent , please visit Little Birdie Secrets and read their tutorial! You will also find other tips and household ideas at Little Birdie Secrets!
As far as fabric softener, I took a cheap wash rag and soaked it in my favorite liquid fabric softener, rung it out (pour the excess back in the bottle) and put the damp wash cloth in the dryer with my clothes. I use the washcloth about 3-4 times before I soak it again. So far it has worked fine. You can faintly smell the fabric softener and my clothes do not have static cling. I would go through a bottle of fabric softener fast! I bought a new bottle a month ago and it hardly looks like any has been poured out! Just a tip that works for me!!!
Have a great Thurday friends!

4 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Good for you! We just heard them talking about this on the radio this morning. My son said we should try it. I'm not sure about it myself. All of my family has sensitive skin. So I don't usually change very often. You'll have to let us know how it works for you guys.

Deb said...

That's pretty amazing--I love the softener tip. One of the best parts is that the smell is light, which it seems like a lot of the softeners are so heavily scented anyway. Great tips!

momstheword said...

You said you use it 3 or 4 times before you soak it. Is that in a row? Because wouldn't it dry out inbetween?

Did you grate the soap by hand or use a cusinart or blender to grate it?

Vinegar can soften clothes too.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oooh, thank you for the great tip! :D