As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Monday, August 10, 2009

Making my Home Sing~ Routines!



We have officially started our last week of summer vacation. We have been sooo lazy! It has been nice to stay up late and sleep in late but I am ready our family school routine to start kicking in!

It is amazing the difference in our home when there is a routine. There is PEACE for myself! This morning I got up with my hubby again --early!!!! I am so not a morning person! It was amazing what I was able to get done in about 30 minutes! I have found that if I have time to myself before the kids get up, my day goes so much better!
I am the type of person that over thinks things instead of just doing it! After I do it, I think of how I should have done it different! I do not want to look back on this season of my life and wish I had done it better. I want to be happy with my decisions regarding my children and know that I have handled things to the best of my abilities. God has given me this job as a Mom and home school Mom and I do not want to mess it up. I daily (really hourly), call on him for help and he is always there to supply my every need.
So, to make my home sing more efficiently, the old routines are beginning again this week! No more sleeping in! Boy am I tired today!!! :)
Have a great Monday!










5 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

I used to be a morning person until I had a daughter that sleeps terribly at night and rises too early in the morning! I am now a very tired mum !
Collette xxx

Joyfull said...

I love routines also! Our family functions much better on a routing. Mornings are the best time for me and I have learned that I can attack the chore I'm dreading faster than sitting there thinking about it! Sometimes I give myself 10 minutes and see how much I can get done in that time! It's amazing how much can get done in a short amount of time. Just begins by starting!! Have a great day!

momstheword said...

I love my routines as well. Each year I sort of tweak the school schedule a bit. It's a bit easier now as I am only homeschooling one, so I have a bit more time now.

We don't usually start until the beginning of Sept. and we get out the last week of May.

Thank you for joining up today!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Hope the rest of your week goes well! I used to hate mornings, but now it is my time with God just me, coffee, my Bible, and prayer book. :D

Erin said...

I need my routines...truly. One of the things I did that helped us all this summer was to continue homeschooling by keeping math and spelling going. Even the kids say they're glad I did it because they won't feel lost when the full schedule begins again. Schools here don't begin for another month and three months away from math is too long! Hope you managed to wake up this morning!