As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Heart

My heart

I am the type of person that second guesses everything. It wasn't until recently that I have become totally at peace about the decision I made almost 15 years ago. That decision was to leave my first career and take on another, not so excepted, not so glamorous, no income career of being a stay at home Mom. When my kids were babies there was no question for me.... stay home with them. I knew I wanted to be there when they were babies. I am a very sentimental person and new that I would regret not being able to get those baby days back.


As the kids have gotten older I sometimes wonder what in the world and I doing? Am I crazy... The baby days are sooooo much easier! We have started getting ready for the CRCT test at the end of April~on top of all of our daily lessons. Math is giving me such a headache! 5th grade and 8th grade Math is hard! I do not remember it being this hard when I was in college. Maybe it's because I do not have much brain left!! It is such a huge responsibility and my brain is tired! All I can do is give it to the Lord and ask for his help.


Another thing about being and stay at home Mom is having living on one income. There is a lot that we have given up for me to stay home. The way we believe is if you don't have the money in the checking account to pay for it, you don't get to do it! Needless to say... we don't get to do it a lot! Ha! But you know what.... it just makes us be more creative. I am obsessed with clipping coupons and love to find ways that we can do things cheap. My husband and I actually went out this past weekend on a date, to a RESTAURANT, for the first time in over 3 years! We were only able to go because he had a gift card from his employees and I had a $5.00 off coupon. We only had to pay $3.00 for our meal! He had a steak! We loved it! I have to say that time and time again I have seen the Lord provide for us in ways that only he could. There is no doubt that it is him working.

So, as I carry on my duties as a SAHM/HSM, I will wear my title proud and praise the Lord that he has carried us this far. Honestly, I would rather be right were I am right now than any where else.


I read a quote not long ago that I loved.. it said... Don't try to keep up with the Jones', they are broke too!


Gotta run, my next appointment just beeped~ the dryer!!!


And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19









2 comments:

Mich said...

I was able to stay at home for eleven years with my kids...don't regret a minute of it and wish I still could. But for this stage in the game right now, I'm having to work...hopefully for just a little while.

I admire all of you who stay home and those who homeschool.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

You can never go wrong when you are in God's will for your life. :D He will give you the grace to carry through. Hugs!!