As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekend Recipes

This past weekend I decided to try a few new recipes. I went on line and found several recipes on allrecipes.com.... if you love to cook you need to check it out! I wish I had pictures.... but honestly, I forgot to take them!!! They all turned out great!
BBQ Chicken Pizza II
1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
1/2 cup diced grilled chicken
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 450*. Spread barbecue sauce on pizza crust. Scatter chicken, red pepper, green pepper and onion. Cover with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cordon Bleu Casserole
2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
4 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
1 large onion, chopped
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teas. ground mustard
1/8 teas. ground nutmeg
1 3/4 cups milk
Topping:
1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
In a nonstick skillet, saute ham for 4-5 minutes or until browned; drain and pat dry. In a greased 2 at baking dish, layer the turkey/chicken, cheese and ham: set aside.
In a saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil: cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over ham. Combine topping ingredients: sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350* degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Apple Dip
1 8 ounce package cream cheese , softened (we used the reduced fat)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Stir together the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is smooth.
My daughter LOVED this recipe!!!!
Sorry, I tried to space these out but blogger would not work with me!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

theUngourmet said...

Mmm! Those all sound really good! I will have to try them. Happy Tuesday! :0)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Yum! I love barbecue chicken pizza! I've had the dip, too. It is scrumptious! The cordon bleu casserole sounds similar to the one I made but haven't made it in a while. Thanks for sharing! :D